quinta-feira, 15 de fevereiro de 2007

So lunch with Simon Fuller was incredible... it wasn't The Simon Fuller as in the Spice Girls manager, oh no this Simon Fuller was much cooler, sweeter & more intelligent! He's worked for EMI, manages massive Brazilian band Los Hermanos, promotes tours (think Artic Monkeys / Robbie Williams) - you get the picture... He took me to a famous Rio restaurant which was certainly deluxe - I ate Octopus, Lobster, Sea & Sweet water prawns (the biggest prawns I have ever seen), more seafood in a sea urchin, salad, fresh mango and chocolate truffles, all washed down with Caipirinha, water & coffee - nice... The bathroom had beautifully coloured stones on the floor and the taps were gold fish! We chatted business for over 2 hours and it looks like he can put me in touch with some good contacts and maybe even secure some sponsorship for the station - horay!

Spent the rest of the afternoon and early evening on the computer, which I seem to be doing a lot of! I had planned to use this first week in Rio as a semi-holiday, acclimatising to the weather, food, culture and language... After a busy few months with the Favela Feva event, and having taken 4 weeks annual leave to come here I thought I could fit in a bit of time at the beach initially... but oh no not me (when will I ever stop?!)... I am go go go, linking with contacts, spending hours a day on email, planning the radio workshops, sourcing equipment etc etc... check the picture above - it's me hard at work!

Nenhum comentário: