terça-feira, 13 de fevereiro de 2007

OK so where to begin? (again...)

I arrived Saturday lunchtime to hot, sunny Rio... My apartment is lovely - bedroom, kitchen, living room, bathroom and balcony - check the picture of the view from my balcony (feet not usually included). I look directly onto a floresta (forest); the noise early evening and first thing in the morning is unbelievable - birds, monkeys, snakes all achatting... The road my place is on is called Princess Isabel funnily enough - couldn't of planned it like that if I tried! After a quick shower, I headed straight down to Copacabana beach (of course) which is literally 2 mins away from my place... Being Saturday it was busy, the sand is HOT, the surf much bigger than I expected, helicopters constantly fly over and the scenery behind - the densely forested hills and skyscrapers combined - make for a breathtaking experience. I made a new friend, Sany, who runs a green cocoanut (you've got to drink those they're lush) and deckchair stall on the beach but comes from a favela outside of Rio... we chatted about my project (in Portuguese of course!) and he said he'd look out for me from now on - he seemed quite impressed a gringo like me was working in Parada de Lucas!

Today i mostly learnt the words:
Fantasma - Ghost (like how i look compared to the Brazilians)
Fatia - Slice (as in slice of cheese from the supermarket)

Nenhum comentário: